Monday, December 7, 2009

December update

Well it has been some time since I posted anything here, so I figured it was time. Since I have not had a voice in 11 days I will take to the keyboard. Lately things have been good, the kids are growing like weeds, I finished my Christmas shopping (yay) and I got the lights up this weekend. I started the inside decorating but it has been very slow going. I have a bad case of bronchitis and have not had the energy to do it. I know it is getting closer to x-mas and needs to get done, but I figure I will do a little each night. Tonight I will let the kids decorate the tree. It will be a little different looking this year, none of my cherished ornaments will be on it for fear they will break them. I will have the Wal-Mart tree this year, but that is ok at least the kids have a tree right? It was very cute when I put the tree up last night, the boys think the lights are candles and they keep trying to blow them out. Not so cute was when they started throwing their toys into the tree, then attempting to retrieve them. I moved the tree to a more secure location, Jeremy threw a ball in there and learned he will not be getting it back. I say this not only to teach him, but honestly where the tree is it would be damn near impossible for me to get to it! Natalie liked the lights she kept going over to the tree and checking it out. My favorite reaction was the boys seeing the lights out front, I took them out after dark and when I opened the door they were just saying “oh wow! oh wow!” Totally worth the effort. I am glad I got it done too, since it is freezing cold here (yes we go below freezing here).



My boys have taken to wrestling and flinging each other around the room. They will grab hands and start running, one dragging the other. They also use a blanket (nite-nite) to use in between them too. It usually ends badly with one crying that the other stole his nite-nite. Natalie usually sits with me on the Lazy-boy and takes it in. We watched a chick flick together last night, I see a tradition starting here. Natalie is getting so big now, she has reached 25th percentile for weight and is in between 25 and 50th percentile for height. My little preemie is catching up! She is only 5 inches shorter than her tallest brother (Jeremy). At least she will be able to keep up with them when they are older.


So it is snowing in our mountains today, one to two feet. I would love to take the kids up to see it when I get better. We took Natalie and Jeremy last year but Cuba has yet to see snow. Jeremy thought it was child abuse and Natalie was so small and bundled up so tight I am not even sure she was awake. I would love to try a little bit of sledding with them, not sure how long I will last though. I think last year we lasted 20 minutes! Of course that doesn’t include the 20 minutes of walking from the car to the sledding area and then back to the car. Those ditches can be tricky to maneuver when carrying an infant! One day I will get to take them skiing yay!!! Or they can snowboard their choice. I am a very bad, aspiring snowboarder. I have taken lessons in CO and still not made much improvement. My brother wants to go skiing in Utah this winter, maybe I will try again.


Well enough for now. I will try to post more regularly in the future. Hope everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment