2009 has been an interesting year for me and my friends. Some terrific things happened (we adopted jeremy) and some not so great things (dad is back in the nursing home for good). As I sit and reflect on things in my life I realize how blessed I am to have a job, good friends and family that I love. I know many people have had a horrible year so here is my prayer for you all...may you find peace and happiness in 2010, may all your goals be attainable and all your dreams become a reality.
I am going to list my goals here, so once in writing I might be compelled to achieve them. I would like to accomplish a lot of things in 2010, most importantly I need to take control of my health. I have been struggling with weight issues lately and asthma. I need to get proactive and get my ass in gear. I am so wrapped up in caring for everyone else in my life I let my needs fall to the side. I kept saying I will get to it and I don't. It is time to address the asthma and anemia and start feeling better. Then to focus on really eating better for my health and so I can feel better when I am with the kids. You only get one chance to live life and this is not the way I want to live it, I want to be around to see my children have children. My mom told me this morning my great grandmother died from asthma in her 40's, well I am rapidly approaching my 40's and it is time to get this under control. I have denied it long enough, I am tired of being winded from that and the weight. I suspect if I lose enough weight the asthma will get better too.
I would also like to start saving so I can take family vacations with my kids, I would love to take them to legoland this summer. I am working hard at getting all the debt paid off so I can have options when the kids are ready for school. I have been researching private schools here and the numbers make my brain hurt. Of course I will have that number times 3 since all of my kids will be in the same grade (it is how the birthdays fall, the boys miss the cutoff). I have several years to accomplish this so I believe it is doable. I would like to start making more memories with the family now that they are getting older. The boys will be starting toddler ninja's next month and I am really excited for them. Natalie is too young for the class but as soon as she is 2, she will be right beside them. I am looking forward to them playing sports, especially Jeremy he seems so very talented with his abilities already.
I will also be making more time for myself next year. I started this one already. I went to the movies with a friend and turned off my phone. I am taking a trip to NY in January with my daughter (first girls trip). I went for a pedi last weekend. I need some me time and to be more than a full time employee and a full time mommy. As much as I love being with my kids I need the stress relief of being with friends, socially and outside the house.
I hope everyone takes a moment to reflect on the last year and see where you can make improvements for your happiness and health. It is important we continue to grow as people as well as nurture our little people. I wish you all happiness and fufillment in 2010. What more can we ask for?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment